Immunisation Update for Healthcare Support Workers
Duration: 3.5 Hrs
This is an interactive and informative workshop to update Healthcare Support Workers on current Influenza, Pneumococcal and Shingles vaccine policy.
Who is the workshop for?
- Healthcare Support Workers who have completed the two day foundation immunisation training course or have experience in the administration of influenza and/or pneumococcal and/or shingles vaccine.
- All participants must be up to date with basic life support.
Course Aim and Objectives:
The aim of this workshop is to ensure that Healthcare Support Workers engaged in any aspect of the immunisation programme, are updated and able to-
- Provide accurate and up to date information on flu, pneumococcal and shingles vaccines and the diseases they prevent
- Ensure their practice is safe and effective
- Demonstrate an understanding of their role and its limitations
- Overview of current policy for Influenza, Pneumococcal and Shingles Immunisation Programme
- Vaccine storage and administration
- Legal aspects of vaccinations including consent: PSD: record keeping
- Anaphylaxis recognition and management
- Strategies for increasing uptake of vaccines in practice
- Q&A session on commonly encountered problems in practice
A certificate of attendance will be issued to candidates attending the workshop
Up & Coming Training Dates
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.