Update On Travel Health – Not Just A Few Jabs
This course focusses on enabling travellers to keep safe including those with hidden challenges and additional requirements. The programme promises to provide the latest guidance regarding travel health and vaccinations required.
The course is underpinned by the RCN Competencies for Travel Health Nursing and meets the requirements of the National Minimum Standards and the Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training.
Who is the Course for?
The course is aimed at Registered Nurses who deliver the UK Immunisation Programme and who undertake Travel Health reviews. It is a fast moving session with lots of information.
All participants must be up-to-date with basic life support. Prior immunisation knowledge and familiarity with the Green Book is assumed.
- To ensure patient safety and provide a high standard of care
- To provide accurate and up to date information
- Introduction to travel health
- Pre-travel risk assessment
- Vaccination of individuals with uncertain or incomplete immunisation status
- Travel related diseases including Malaria & Yellow Fever
- Vaccine storage, administration and disposal
- Legal aspects of vaccination
- Management of anaphylaxis and other adverse events
- Resources available
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued on completion of the course
Up & Coming Training Dates
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.