Immunisation Update (Flu, Pneumococcal, Shingles & Covid 19) Live on Zoom
An interactive and informative workshop to update Health Professionals on the 2022/23 Influenza, Shingles and Pneumococcal vaccine policy. We have updated our training to include COVID-19 in response to the pandemic.
The workshop meet all the requirements for the National Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training of the UK Health and Security Agency (UKHSA formally Public Health England (PHE) ) and the Royal College of Nursing (RCN) guidelines.
Various dates available:
8th June 2022 1pm - 5pm
10th June 2022 9am - 1pm
22nd June 9.30am - 1.30pm
23rd June 1pm - 5pm
19th July 1pm - 5pm
Cost includes all course materials and certificate of attendance
Who is the workshop for?
- Healthcare Professionals who have completed the foundation immunisation training two-day course or have experience in the administration of Influenza Pneumococcal, Shingles and /or COVID-19 vaccine programme.
- Anyone involved in planning administering, and promoting the Influenza, Shingles, Pneumococcal and COVID-19 vaccine programme
Course Aims and Objectives:
The aim of this workshop is to ensure that all Healthcare Workers, engaged in any aspect of the Influenza, Pneumococcal, Shingles and/or COVID-19 vaccination programme, are trained and equipped to:
- Provide accurate and up to date information about the vaccine and the disease it prevents
- Ensure that their practice is safe and effective
- Demonstrate an understanding of the appropriate management of adverse reactions.
- Overview of current policy for Influenza; Pneumococcal Shingles and COVID-19 vaccination programme
- Vaccine Administration and Storage
- Legal aspects including consent PSDs and PGDs
- Anaphylaxis recognition and management
- Strategies for increasing vaccine uptake in practice
- Q&A session on commonly encountered problems in practice
Wednesday 8th June 1pm – 5pm, Friday 10th June 9am – 1pm, Wednesday 22nd June 9.30am – 1.30pm, Thursday 23rd June 1pm – 5pm, Tuesday 19th July 1pm – 5pm