Management of B12 deficiency for Healthcare Support Workers
Duration: 3½ Hrs
This workshop is designed to give Healthcare Support Workers the knowledge and skills needed to administer B12 injections.
Who is the workshop for?
Healthcare Support Workers wishing to become competent in administering B12 injections.
Course Aims and Objectives:
The aim of this workshop is to ensure that all HSWs engaged in administering B12 injections
- Are trained and equipped to provide accurate and up-to-date information about B12 deficiency
- Can ensure that their practice is safe and effective
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the appropriate management of adverse reactions
- Can demonstrate an understanding of their role and its limitations
- Overview of pernicious anaemia
- Injection technique and administration of B12
- Anaphylaxis recognition and management
- Q&A session on commonly encountered problems in practice
Up & Coming Training Dates
We are sorry but due to current work commitments in the Caribean, we do not have any sessions currently scheduled.