Immunisation Training for Registered Nurses and Allied Health Professionals
Duration: 2 days
Cost: £295 includes course materials and refreshments
This workshop provides essential training for Registered Healthcare Professionals new to vaccinations and immunisation. It focusses on the UK Routine Immunisation Programme, Vaccination of Individuals with Uncertain or Incomplete Immunisation Status and adult vaccines.
The workshop meets all the requirements for the National Minimum Standards (2005) and Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training as recommended by Public Health England.
Who is the Course for?
The training is aimed at Registered Nurses and Allied Healthcare Professionals new to immunisation or who have not completed the foundation training in immunisation.
All participants must be a registered Healthcare Professional and be up to date with basic life support.
Course Aim and Objective:
- To provide evidence based up to date information on vaccines and the diseases they prevent
- To ensure patient safety and provide a high standard of care
- Recent epidemiology of vaccine preventable disease
- UK immunisation schedule (childhood and adult)
- Vaccination of individuals with uncertain or incomplete immunisation status
- The immune system/ how vaccines work and types of vaccines
- Communicating with patients
- Legal aspects of vaccination including consent: PGD: PSD
- Vaccine storage, administration and disposal
- Management of anaphylaxis and other adverse events
- Strategies for improving immunisation uptake rates
- Resources available
- Pre-course quiz
- Post course quiz
- Competence Assessment Tool (completed during a period of supervised practice, to allow for acquisition and supervisor observation of clinical skills and application of knowledge to practice, as recommended by the RCN)
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued on completion of the two-day workshop.
Up & Coming Training Dates
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.