Immunisation Update for Registered Nurses Fri 7th October
£99.00 – £180.00
Friday 7th October 2022 at the Business & Innovation Centre (BIC) Sunderland
This course reviews the latest guidelines on the routine childhood, adolescent and adult immunisation programmes and vaccination of individuals with incomplete or uncertain vaccination status.
This course is ideal for health professionals looking to update their knowledge of the recent changes in vaccine policy and practice. It is fast paced and requires prior knowledge and experience. Our approach to training includes problem solving and small group work discussing real life scenarios; it is interactive, informative and enjoyable for the delegates.
All the requirements outlined in the National Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training recommended by UK Health Security Agency and the Royal College of Nursing (RCN) are met by this workshop.
Who is the Course for?
Registered Healthcare Professionals involved in immunisation in any context whether advising or administering, including:
- Health Visitors
- Nursing Associates
- Practice Nurses
- Paediatric and A&E Nurses
- School Nurses
Course pre-requisite: All participants must be a registered Healthcare Professional and be up to date with basic life support.
- The aims and objectives of the workshop are to ensure:
- Patient safety
- Those who immunise are competent to do so
- Health Professionals provide a high standard of care
Course content includes:
- Current issues immunisation
- Recent epidemiology of vaccine preventable diseases
- Changes in national policy
- Update on ordering, storage and administration of vaccines
- Recent incidents and areas of improvement
- Question and Answer session
A certificate of attendance will be issued on completion of the workshop.