Immunisation Update for Healthcare Professionals 7th Sept 2022
(Includes Flu, Pneumococcal, Shingles & COVID-19)
9.30am – 1pm at the
North East Business Innovation Centre (BIC) Sunderland, Enterprise Park East, SR5 2TA
Duration: 4 hours
Cost: £99. include light refreshments and all course materials and Certificate of Attendance
An interactive and informative workshop to update Health Professionals on the 2022/23 Influenza, Shingles and Pneumococcal vaccine policy. We have updated our training to include COVID-19 in response to the pandemic.
The workshop meet all the requirements for the National Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training of the UK Health and Security Agency (UKHSA formally Public Health England (PHE) ) and the Royal College of Nursing (RCN) guidelines.
Who is the workshop for?
- Healthcare Professionals who have completed the foundation immunisation training and / or have experience in the administration of Influenza Pneumococcal, Shingles and /or COVID-19 vaccine programme.
- Anyone involved in planning administering, and promoting the Influenza, Shingles, Pneumococcal and COVID-19 vaccine programme.
Course Aims and Objectives:
The aim of this workshop is to ensure that all Healthcare Workers, engaged in any aspect of the Influenza, Pneumococcal, Shingles and/or COVID-19 vaccination programme, are trained and equipped to:
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vaccine and the disease it prevents
- Ensure that their practice is safe and effective
- Demonstrate an understanding of the appropriate management of adverse reactions.
- Overview of current policy for Influenza; Pneumococcal Shingles and COVID-19 vaccination programme
- Vaccine Administration and Storage
- Legal aspects including Consent PSDs and PGDs
- Anaphylaxis recognition and management
- Strategies for increasing vaccine uptake in practice
- Q&A session on commonly encountered problems in practice
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued on completion of the workshop.