Annual Flu Update for Healthcare Professionals
(include Covid-19, Pneumococcal and Shingles Update)
Wed.7th September 2022
North East Business Innovation Centre (BIC) Sunderland, Enterprise Park East, SR5 2TA
Duration: 4 hours
An interactive and informative workshop to ensure your knowledge stays up-to-date with changes in practice and guidelines. The 2022/23 Influenza, Pneumococcal and Shingles vaccine policy is covered and an update on COVID-19 is included.
The workshop meet all the requirements for the National Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training of the UK Health and Security Agency (UKHSA formally Public Health England (PHE) ) and the Royal College of Nursing (RCN) guidelines.
Duration: 4 hours
Cost: £99. Includes all course materials and certificate of attendance
Who is the workshop for?
- Practice Nurses
- Nursing Associates
- Healthcare Support Workers
- Healthcare Professionals who have completed the Fundamentals of Immunisation training (two-day course) or have experience in the administration of Influenza, Pneumococcal, Shingles and /or COVID-19 vaccine.
- Anyone involved in planning and promoting the Influenza, Shingles, Pneumococcal and COVID-19 vaccine programme
Aims and Objectives:
The aim of this workshop is to ensure that all Healthcare Workers, engaged in any aspect of the Influenza, Pneumococcal, Shingles and/or COVID-19 vaccination programme, are trained and equipped to:
- Provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vaccine and the disease it prevents
- Ensure that their practice is safe and effective
- Demonstrate an understanding of the appropriate management of adverse reactions.
- Overview of current policy for Influenza; Pneumococcal, Shingles and COVID-19 vaccination programme
- Vaccine Administration and Storage
- Legal aspects including Consent, PSDs and PGDs
- Anaphylaxis recognition and management
- Strategies for increasing vaccine uptake in practice
- Vaccine Hesitancy
- Q&A session on commonly encountered problems in practice
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued on completion of the workshop.